Imagine that you're scoping out a new location for your business. You would probably look at a store in a strip mall or an office in a building. Something you would probably not think of is a converted shipping container. When you first hear using a shipping container as a location for your new business, you might be scratching your head a bit. But surprisingly, converted crating services have many benefits that make them great for business. Read on to find out seven reasons why your next business location could be in a converted shipping container.
1. You can fit your business in the most unlikely of places. A shipping container might be huge in the context of shipping, but when converting it to a store, it might fit in a perfect spot that a traditional store wouldn't.
2. You can own the building of your store. Instead of renting out space from a landlord and dealing with all the headaches that come with it (including bringing your store up to building code), once you buy a shipping container, you own it.
3. You help the environment. By recycling old shipping containers as stores, you prevent them from contributing to the large amount of industrial waste that already exists.
4. Its energy efficient. Because the space is relatively small compared to traditional brick and mortars, the cost of energy (especially to heat and cool), is much less.
5. You can take it with you if it doesn't work. Your business might be great, but maybe it's located in the wrong area. If the location you're in isn't working, you can pick your whole store up and move it somewhere else. This type of mobility just isn't possible with a traditional store.
6. You can always take a break if necessary. If business isn't going well and you need time to stop and regroup, you can store your shipping container at a facility and open it back up when you're ready.
7. The cost of a shipping container is much less than a traditional store. Any investments you contribute in the process won't be lost if anything goes wrong.
Converting a shipping container into a store or business might seem crazy at first, but it's more feasible than you might think. With the small size, flexible mobility, and low cost, a shipping container just might be the perfect location for your next business.